These are the top five games that truly wowed me or peaked my interest during all of the shows for E3 2016. Check them out and let me know what you think. For more E3 coverage check out what I thought about the conferences from EA, Bethesda, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Sony, and Nintendo.
1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wilds – Link can fucking jump on command people. If you play Zelda games you know how big of a deal this is. Also, Wow. I haven’t been this excited for a game in a long time. Zelda Skyrim looks like a dream come true. Don’t mess this up for me Nintendo. I need this.
2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole – The Stick of Truth was a supremely fun experience, and The Fractured But Whole looks to deliver on all of the best points of the first game and more. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are killing it.
3. Dishonored 2 – Another sequel that makes me giddy. Dishonored 2’s art style is amazing, and I love games that have a female protagonist. As long as the way you play affects the game in a similar fashion as the first Dishonored, then I’m sold.
4. God of War – Sony Santa Monica’s new take on Kratos has me ready to jump into the series again. The gameplay looks deeper than the original games, and a more human Kratos is definitely a huge plus. Also, you gotta love his beard.
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda – I will eat up every bit of info on this game, but due to the lack of substantial news, I had to drop Mass Effect to the bottom of the list. I still want this game badly, but I need more to get my heart going. You can do it Bioware.